TWO BOSSY DAMES Link Round-Up For the week of August 14, 2014
Two Bossy Dames are off for the week of August 21 - we hope you’ll enjoy this round-up of last week’s links in the meanwhile, along with our weekday #3pmDanceBreak over on Twitter. Spotify Playlist for an Ultimate Dance Party forthcoming!
- Malcolm Mitchell, UGA football player & avid book club member, whose friendship with the ladies of his book club — all of whom are older than his own mom — has made him consider the importance of taking up cooking, and possibly knitting. All your “ughhhh too cute, DYING NOW” buttons will be firmly pushed.
- First things second! NEW SINGLE FROM STARS! “From The Night”, it’s great:
- The vintage flawlessness of sighswhispers' Instagram (where, as on Twitter, she's @laurakitty) (feat. Lauren Bacall, RIP):
- Chloe Giordano’s embroidered animals are hitting all our Beatrix Potter buttons:
- & 's convo contextualizing ladies of 90s rock. When, when, whennnnn can we expect to see the likes of Bikini Kill and Mary Lou Lord in The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame?
- Two smart, pertinent pieces: “What Policing Looks Like To A Former Officer”
- And “What Policing Looks Like To A Former Investigator Of Misconduct” (also from ):
- Why masculinity is the REAL problem, and men should bathe in male tears w/the rest of us man-loving misandrists. Jump in boys, the water’s (well, your tears are) fine!
- We adore this piece on Nina Simone’s path to artistic activism:
- BRB buying the hell out of (floral, yet industrial!) Soviet fabric dresses.
- And finally, this insightful piece from on , net neutrality, and filter bubbles: , yielding the crucial insight that “algorithms have consequences”.